DescriptionThe Best Resource on the Market for Learning AutoCAD for Mac software!
This comprehensive Autodesk Official Training Guide has everything you need to quickly become proficient with every aspect of Autodesk’s new AutoCAD for Mac software. Award-winning author George Omura, whom most CAD designers know and respect from his all-time bestselling Mastering AutoCAD books, now applies his legendary AutoCAD expertise, approachable style, and thorough Mastering coverage to Mastering AutoCAD for Mac. You’ll quickly and efficiently build skills, whether you’re just beginning or are already a seasoned AutoCAD user.
- Teaches you to design and draft using AutoCAD for Mac
- Helps you quickly master basic, intermediate, and advanced skills
- Covers using hatches, fields, and tables effectively; manipulating dynamic blocks and attributes; rendering 3D views with lighting and materials; exploring parametric modeling; transforming 2D drawings into 3D renderings; and more
- Provides step-by-step instruction and exercises, as well as real-world examples and case studies
- Functions as both a detailed tutorial and also a one-stop, stand-alone reference
- Mastering AutoCAD for Mac is also an Autodesk Official Training Guide
The world's best AutoCAD resources—George Omura and the Mastering AutoCAD series from Sybex—are now available to help you master AutoCAD for Mac.
Part 1. The Basics.
Chapter 1. Exploring the AutoCAD Interface.
Chapter 2. Creating Your First Drawing.
Chapter 3. Setting Up and Using AutoCAD’s Drafting Tools.
Chapter 4. Organizing Objects with Blocks and Groups.
Chapter 5. Keeping Track of Layers and Blocks.
Part 2. Mastering Intermediate Skills.
Chapter 6. Editing and Reusing Data to Work Efficiently.
Chapter 7. Mastering Viewing Tools, Hatches, and External References.
Chapter 8. Introducing Printing and Layouts.
Chapter 9. Adding Text to Drawings.
Chapter 10. Using Fields and Tables.
Chapter 11. Using Dimensions.
Part 3. Mastering Advanced Skills.
Chapter 12. Using Attributes.
Chapter 13. Copying Existing Drawings into AutoCAD.
Chapter 14. Advanced Editing and Organizing.
Chapter 15. Laying Out Your Printer Output.
Chapter 16. Making “Smart” Drawings with Parametric Tools.
Chapter 17. Drawing Curves.
Chapter 18. Getting and Exchanging Data from Drawings.
Part 4. 3D Modeling and Imaging.
Chapter 19. Creating 3D Drawings.
Chapter 20. Using Advanced 3D Features.
Chapter 21. Rendering 3D Drawings.
Chapter 22. Editing and Visualizing 3D Solids.
Chapter 23. Exploring 3D Mesh and Surface Modeling.
Appendix A. The Bottom Line.