Mastering Business Negotiation: A Working Guide to Making Deals and Resolving Conflict
DescriptionMastering Business Negotiation is a handy resource for any leader or manager who needs practical strategies and ideas when conducting business negotiations. Grounded in solid research, the authors - experts in the field of business negotiation - reduce the huge volume of available information into an accessible handbook for busy executives who need to prepare for everyday negotiations as well as for more demanding and complex negotiation situations.
Mastering Business Negotiation offers down-to-earth advice for learning to play the negotiation game and shows how to:
- Understand the game so you can better control what happens
- Predict the sequence of negotiation activities and move from disagreement toward agreement
- Identify the strategies and tactics of other players in the game.
- Apply the rules of the game - the "do's and don'ts" that will ultimately lead to success
1 The Negotiation Imperative.
2 The Flexibility of the Master Negotiator.
3 Getting Ready to Negotiate.
4 The Art of the Master Competitor.
5 Executing a Competitive Negotiation.
6 Mastering the Art of Collaboration.
7 Mastering the Art of Compromise.
8 Mastering Accommodation and Avoidance Strategies.
9 Three (or More) Is a Crowd: 202 Mastering Multiparty Negotiations.
10 Mastering the Framing Process in Negotiation.
11 Mastering the Power and Influence Process.
12 Mastering Personal Negotiations.
- Roy Lewicki is among the more distinguished professors of business and management in the United States; he is arguably our foremost authority on business negotiation
- Includes new research, updated examples and self-assessment tools, and advice on ‘electronic’ negotiation via e-mail