DescriptionMaster the Techniques for Creating Data-Driven Websites with Dreamweaver MX
Harness the power of Dreamweaver MX to build dynamic, database-driven websites. Mastering Dreamweaver MX Databases equips you with all the coding and database skills you need. You'll find focused coverage of key Dreamweaver MX features, plus highly practical instruction relating to the most important scripting languages and databases supported by Dreamweaver MX.
- Creating ASP, JSP, ColdFusion, ASP.NET, and PHP pages
- Connecting to SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, Access, and other ODBC databases
- Capturing, storing, retrieving, and updating data
- Choosing the language and database combination that's right for your purpose
- Mastering the Dreamweaver MX data view, insert, and update features
- Creating recordsets and queries in Dreamweaver MX-supported languages and databases
- Securing your site and database using Dreamweaver MX features and best practices
- Designing pages using live data from your database with Dreamweaver's Live Data view
- Saving time using master/detail forms and templates
- Creating search pages for your database
- Using the extensions available to Dreamweaver MX to aid database development
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.
Part I: Data-Driven Web Pages.
Chapter 1: An Introduction to the Data-Driven World.
Chapter 2: An Introduction to Dreamweaver MX.
Chapter 3: Coding Practices for Dreamweaver Development.
Chapter 4: An Introduction to HTML Forms.
Part II: The Databases.
Chapter 5: Designing the Database.
Chapter 6: Oracle and the Web.
Chapter 7: MySQL and the Web.
Chapter 8: SQL Server and the Web.
Chapter 9: Microsoft Access and the Web.
Part III: Paving the Way: The Languages.
Chapter 10: Connections and Scripting.
Chapter 11: ColdFusion and Dreamweaver MX.
Chapter 12: JavaServer Pages.
Chapter 13: Active Server Pages.
Chapter 14: Dreamweaver and ASP.NET.
Chapter 15: ADO.NET.
Chapter 16: PHP and Dreamweaver MX.
Chapter 17: Database and System Security for the Internet.
Part IV: Using and Manipulating the Data.
Chapter 18: Structured Query Language.
Chapter 19: Getting the Data.
Chapter 20: Building Update Forms.
Chapter 21: Building Master/Detail Page Sets.
Chapter 22: Searching with Dreamweaver MX.
Chapter 23: Using Templates.
Chapter 24: Dreamweaver MX Add-Ins.
Appendix: Datatypes and Functions Compared.