DescriptionAs Microsoft’s bestselling database manager, SQL Server is highly flexible and customizable, and has excellent support—the 2008 version offers several significant new capabilities. This book offers accurate and expert coverage on the updates to SQL Server 2008 such as its enhanced security; the ability to encrypt an entire database, data files, and log files without the need for application changes; a scalable infrastructure that can manage reports and analysis of any size and complexity; and its extensive performance data collection.
2. Understanding SQL Server Architecture.
3. Databases, Files, and Resource Management.
4. Tables and CRUD Operations.
5. Procedural programming.
6. Managing Data Integrity.
7. SQL Server and XML.
8. Managing User Security.
9. Data Recovery.
10. Monitoring SQL Server Activity.
11. Using the SQL Server Agent Service.
12. Data Availability and Distribution.
13. SQL Server Data Security.
14. Indexing Strategies for Query Optimization.
15. Transactions and Locking Strategies.
16. Using Resource Governor and Policy-Based Management.
17. SQL Server and the .NET Client.
18. Leveraging the SQL Server .NET CLR.
19. Using Spatial Data.
20. Service Oriented Architecture and the Service Broker.
21. Full Text Search Services.