Thoroughly revised and updated, the Second Edition of this student-friendly Math Survival Guide provides basic training on fundamental math skillsskills students need to survive and succeed in courses such as chemistry, physics, and geology.
Offering the right amount of depth on the right selection of topics, the book provides quick, clear, and accessible guidance on basic algebraic methods, right when students need it most. In addition to a full range of mathematics topics, Math Survival Guide includes special chapters focused on helping students improve their problem solving and study skills.
1. Your Calculator: Friend or Foe?
4. Powers and Roots
6. Scientific Notation
7. Significant Figures
11. Geometry and Trigonometry
12. Solving Problems
13. Making Estimates
14. Some Study Tips
Appendix: Answers to Practice Exercises
- New chapter on basic statistics
- New end-of-chapter problems
- Calculator chapter extensively updated to include graphing calculator
- Features more graphical examples
- Approachable tone and appropriate level
- Serves well as a quick reference/update guide, providing the right amount of depth on the right topics
- Good problem sets