1. Mathematics as a tool for solving geological problems.
2. Common relationships between geological variables.
3. Equations and how to manipulate them.
4. More advanced equation manipulation.
6. More about graphs.
8. Differential calculus.
9. Integral calculus.
Appendix A - useful equations.
Appendix B - answers to problems.
* very easy to understand and full of geological examples that show relevance of maths
* plenty of worked examples and problems
* supplementary material (spreadsheets) can be downloaded from web
* new material on use of spreadsheets has been added for new edition