This edition of Maths Quest 12 Specialist Mathematics is a comprehensive text designed to meet the requirements of the VCE Units 3 and 4 Further Mathematics course. The textbook also benefits from new supporting calculator companions containing comprehensive step-by-step CAS calculator instructions, fully integrated into worked examples, for the Casio ClassPad CAS calculators.
The student textbook contains the following new features:
• StudyON icons provide links to Concept screens, See mores and Do mores for online study, revision and exam practice.
The textbook continues to offer the following award-winning features:
• exam practice sections with allocated time and marks. Fully worked solutions to these sections are available on eBookPLUS
• technology-free questions
• electronic tutorials for key worked examples in each chapter
• full colour with stimulating photographs and graphics
• carefully graded exercises with many skill and application problems, including multiple-choice questions
• easy to follow worked examples in the Think–Write format
• cross references throughout exercises to relevant worked examples
• comprehensive chapter reviews with exam-style questions
• eBookPLUS references throughout to guide students and teachers to relevant online material.
What is eBookPLUS?
Maths Quest 12 Specialist Mathematics 4E eBookPLUS is an electronic version of the textbook and a complementary set of targeted digital resources. These flexible and engaging ICT activities are available to you online at the JacarandaPLUS website (www.jacplus.com.au).
Your eBookPLUS resources include: The Maths Quest 12 Specialist Mathematics 4E Casio ClassPad Calculator Companion complements the Maths Quest 12 Specialist Mathematics 4E textbook by providing alternative solutions to worked examples which demonstrate effective and judicious use of Casio ClassPad CAS calculators.
• the entire textbook in electronic format
• Word documents, including WorkSHEETs and SkillSHEETs, designed for easy customisation and editing
• interactive activities, eLessons and a wealth of ICT resources
• electronic worked examples
• fully worked solutions to the exam practice sections.
Students and teachers are given step by step instructions as well as clear and colourful calculator screen shots to enable them to learn to use the Casio ClassPad CAS calculators loaded with the latest Operating System.
Maths Quest Manual for the Casio ClassPad 330 Calculator, 2E Operating System 3.04 is a comprehensive step-by-step guide to using the Casio ClassPad CAS calculator. It is designed to help students and teachers to integrate Computer Algebra Systems (CAS) into their learning and teaching of Mathematics.
Maths Quest Manual for the Casio ClassPad 330 calculator, 2E is suitable for us by students from Years 9 to Year 12.
Features studyON; the next generation in online study, revision and exam practice!
• Each chapter is divided into ‘How to' sections that provide clear, step-by-step instructions to the user
• Easy-to-follow keystrokes and screen dumps are accompanied by explicit explanations
• Worksheets for almost every section are provided for further practice
• A range of CAS-style problem-solving questions are available, with their fully worked solutions on eBookPLUS
studyON is an interactive and highly visual online tool designed to help maximise your exam results. All the course content is presented within a system that is easy to navigate and tracks your progress.
By using studyON you'll be able to clearly identify strengths and weaknesses prior to the exams. You can then confidently target areas of greatest need, enabling you to achieve your best results.
The studyON booklets are also a great study companion as they contain an image of each online concept screen and practice questions with space for your working out and notes.
studyON VCE Specialist Mathematics Units 3&4 contains:
• past VCAA exam questions online
• 600+ exam practice questions
• instant feedback
• online progress tracker
• videos and animations
• and much more!
Click here to view our range of VCE Maths Quest Value Packs