Maths Quest 7 for the Australian Curriculum provides students with essential mathematical skills and knowledge through the content strands of Number and Algebra, Measurement and Geometry, and Statistics and Probability. The Curriculum focuses on students becoming proficient in mathematical understanding, fluency, reasoning and problem solving.
Maths Quest 7 for the Australian Curriculum is specifically written and designed to meet the requirements and aspirations of the Australian Mathematics Curriculum.
The student textbook contains the following features:
• clear and engaging design
• judicious use of ICT resources
• a numeracy chapter
• two chapters on problem solving
• Individual pathways activities for every exercise
• a Hungry brain class activity for each chapter
• two new ProjectsPLUS activities
• references to the content and proficiency strands of the new Australian Mathematics Curriculum
What is eBookPLUS?
This title features eBookPLUS: an electronic version of the textbook and a complementary set of targeted digital resources. These flexible and engaging ICT activities are available to you online at the JacarandaPLUS website (www.jacplus.com.au).
Your eBookPLUS resources include:
• ProjectsPLUS - unique ICT-based projects that provides opportunities for students to demonstrate creativity, thinking skills and teamwork
• Hungry brain class activities that build on students' prior knowledge and curiosity
• Individual pathways activities to create opportunities for students' to learn at their own pace
• Interactivities to provide hands-on experience and instant feedback on many new and revisited concepts
• eLessons to bring Mathematics alive in the real world
• WorkSHEETS - Word documents designed for easy customisation and editing
• SkillSHEETS to check students' readiness for the next topic
• interactive revision tests
The Maths Quest 7 Australian Curriculum Edition Homework Book is an integral part of supporting the Australian Mathematics Curriculum. The homework book complements the Maths Quest 7 Australian Curriculum Edition textbook with a variety of activities including homework sheets, rich tasks and fun code puzzles. It provides students, parents and teachers with an opportunity to construct a homework program that will help students to develop their mathematical skills.
Sixteen chapters contain five worksheets: two homework sheets, one rich task and two code puzzles. Chapter 1 contains six sets of 30 quick questions, and chapters 11 and 19 contain hints to tackle six randomly selected problems from the problem-solving chapters in the textbook.
The tear-out worksheets have space provided for answers and teacher feedback. The six sets of quick questions in chapter 1 encourage students to practise some basic number skills and improve their quick recall of number facts.
The homework sheets:
• begin with six Skills practice questions based on concepts taught up to Year 7
• contain carefully graded skills and application questions related to specific content in the textbook chapters
• include a Reasoning section for students to explain mathematical concepts in their own words
• finish with a Problem solving question to extend students' problem-solving skills.
The rich tasks:
• encourage students to work mathematically
• enhance problem-solving skills with links to real-life situations
• promote different levels of thinking with many open-ended questions.
The code puzzles:
• present aspects of the chapter content in an entertaining way
• provide an alternative tool to reinforce skills.
Chapters 11 and 19 complement the problem-solving chapters in the textbook by providing some scaffolding for students who have difficulty starting a problem-solving question.
Students are also provided with a Student learning matrix for each chapter as well as a Thinking about my learning page for each chapter to assist in their development as independent and reflective learners.
The book contains a grid where students may record details of their homework tasks, reflect on their performance and communicate any concerns to their teacher. Answers to all worksheets in this homework book are provided in Maths Quest 7 for the Australian Curriculum eGuidePLUS.
assessON Maths Quest 7 for the Australian Curriculum Student Edition provides additional assessment resources for your Mathematics course. With this innovative online tool your students can:
• easily complete homework and assessment tasks online or create their own for extra revision
• obtain worked solutions and receive instant feedback
• view easy-to-follow reports to monitor their progress and identify strengths and weaknesses