Maths Quest 9: New South Wales, Australian Curriculum Edition, Stages 5.1 and 5.2
Maths Quest 9 for NSW Australian Curriculum Edition Stages 5.1 and 5.2 and eBookPLUS has been written specifically to meet the requirements of the NSW Australian Curriculum. The Mathematics Syllabus focuses on students Working Mathematically in the strands of Fluency, Understanding, Reasoning, Problem-Solving and Communicating.
• Problem Solving chapters to provide students with opportunities to apply their knowledge out of the context of defined topics
• NAPLAN practice questions
• links to assessON – our innovative online tool that provides additional assessment resources for your mathematics course and enables online assessments FOR, AS and OF learning and automatic feedback
• Individual pathways: All exercises within the text are carefully graded so that students get to work at their own level. At the start of each exercise a guide to Individual pathways is provided. Individual Pathway Activities are available on the eBookPLUS to provide additional opportunities for students to engage with relevant mathematical concepts at their own level.
• A language section to provide students with opportunities to use mathematical language in context and to enhance their literacy skills
• A rich task/Investigation (Communication) to provide students with opportunities to explore and apply mathematical ideas beyond the level of skill
• Chapter Challenges to provide students with opportunities to think beyond the obvious and the concrete
• Puzzles to engage students and provide them with opportunities to learn through fun activities
Maths Quest 9 for NSW Australian Curriculum Edition Stages 5.1 and 5.2 and eBookPLUS is a hard-copy student text accompanied by the eBookPLUS.
eBookPLUS resources include:
• Access from any digital device: PC/MAC/iPad/Android Tablet.
• Worksheets - Word documents designed for easy customisation and editing.
• Interactivities and games to reinforce and enhance student learning.
• eLessons - engaging video clips and supporting material.
• Weblinks to relevant support material on the internet.
• ProjectsPLUS - unique ICT-based projects that provide opportunities for students to demonstrate creativity, thinking skills and teamwork.
About eBookPLUS xii
Chapter 1. Numeracy 2
Chapter 2. Number skills 28
Chapter 3. Algebra 56
Chapter 4. Linear equations 100
Chapter 5. Congruence and similarity 128
Chapter 6. Trigonometry 162
Chapter 7. Linear and non-linear graphs 200
Chapter 8. Proportion and rates 254
Chapter 9. Problem solving I 292
Chapter 10. Indices 306
Chapter 11. Financial mathematics 330
Chapter 12. Measurement 374
Chapter 13. Probability 432
Chapter 14. Statistics 476
Chapter 15. Problem solving II 542
Chapter 16. Quadratic algebra 570