Medical Statistics: A Guide to Data Analysis and Critical Appraisal
2 Continuous variables: descriptive statistics.
3 Continuous variables: comparing two independent samples.
4 Continuous variables: paired and one-sample t-tests.
5 Continuous variables: analysis of variance.
6 Continuous data analyses: correlation and regression.
7 Categorical variables: rates and proportions.
8 Categorical variables: risk statistics.
9 Categorical and continuous variables: test of agreement.
10 Categorical and continuous variables: diagnostic statistics.
11 Categorical and continuous variables: survival analysis
|Basic Data Sets|
basic.zip (121KB)(contains all listed basic data sets)
|Complete Data Sets|
complete.zip (131KB) (contains all listed completed data sets)
- Holistic approach to translating the meaning and use of medical statistics into plain English
- Step by step guide to framing the research question, selecting the correct test, checking the assumptions, analysing the data and interpreting and presenting the results
- Practical instructions on which statistics to use, when to use them, how to generate them and how to interpret them
- Includes checklists of how to read and critically appraise published statistics for evidence-based practice
- Suitable for the beginner who needs to understand the basics, and for the experienced researched who wants to refresh and update their knowledge skills