This book will provide an overview of the most relevant synthesis and formulation approaches used for metal oxide nanoparticles as functional materials. Common processing routes and the assessment of physical and chemical particle properties via thorough and complementary characterization approaches are at the focus of the book. Moreover, this book will be a comprehensive resource for readers who seek detailed information about state-of-the-art approaches for the physical, chemical, surface and interface characterization of metal oxide nanoparticle powders and dispersions.
Topics covered include:
- An introduction to metal oxides and specific functional properties at the nanoscale
- Application of metal oxide nanoparticles and economic impact
- Particle synthesis: principles of selected bottom up strategies
- Nanoparticle formulation: a selection of processing and application routes
- Metal oxide nanoparticle characterization at different length scales
The book will conclude with a series of case studies which illustrate the process chain that covers the range of processing steps between nanoparticle production – typical formulation routes – and the implementation of the functional particle system in the device or product.