An authoritative guide to designing effective solutions for data cleansing, ETL, and file management with SQL Server 2008 Integration Services
SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) is the leading tool in the data warehouse industry, used for performing extraction, transformation, and load operations.
After an overview of SSIS architecture, the authors walk you a series of real-world problems and show various techniques for handling them.
- Shows you how to design SSIS solutions for data cleansing, ETL and file management
- Demonstrates how to integrate data from a variety of data sources,
- Shows how to monitor SSIS performance,
- Demonstrates how to avoid common pitfalls involved with SSIS deployment
- Explains how to ensure performance of the deployed solution and effectively handle unexpected system failures and outages
- The companion Web site provides sample code and database scripts that readers can directly implement
This book shows you how to design, build, deploy, and manage solutions to real-world problems that SSIS administrators and developers face day-to-day.
Chapter 1: SSIS Solution Architecture.
Chapter 2: SSIS Management Framework Design.
Chapter 3: Package Deployment and Storage Decisions.
Chapter 4: File-Handling and Processing Methods.
Chapter 5: Data Extraction Best Practices.
Chapter 6: Data-Cleansing Design.
Chapter 7: Dimension Table ETL.
Chapter 8: Fact Table ETL.
Chapter 9: SSAS Processing Architecture.
Chapter 10: Implementing Scale-Out ETL Process.
Chapter 11: Scripting Design Patterns.
Chapter 12: SSIS Package Scaling.
|Chapter 1: SSIS Architecture Diagrams||Download|
|Chapter 2: Framework Code||Download|
|Chapter 3: Deployment Workflows||Download|
|Chapter 4: File Handling Code||Download|
|Chapter 5: Extraction Code||Download|
|Chapter 6: Data Cleansing Code||Download|
|Chapter 7: Dimension ETL Code||Download|
|Chapter 8: Fact ETL Code||Download|
|Chapter 9: SSAS Code||Download|
|Chapter 10: Scale Out Code||Download|
|Chapter 11: Scripting Code||Download|
|Chapter 12: Scaling SSIS||Download|
|SSIS PDS Database Backup||Download|