The Stimulus And Capacity For Migration: Stimuli For Migration, The Capacity For Migration, Piloting, Orientation And Navigation.
Types Of Migration: Migrations At The Seasonal And Ontogenetic Scale, Diel Horizontal And Vertical Migrations.
Patterns Of Migratory Behaviour In Freshwater Fishes: Arctic And Subarctic Regions, Temperate Regions, Tropical Regions.
Taxonomic Analysis Of Migration In Freshwater Fishes, Lampreys Through To Freshwater-Dwelling Flatfishes (In 45 Sections).
Methods For Studying The Spatial Behaviour Of Fishes In Fresh-And Brackish Water: Capture Dependent Methods, Capture Independent Methods, Choice Of Methods In Fish Migration Studies.
Applied Aspects Of Freshwater Fish Migration: The Impact Of Man's Activities On Freshwater Fish Migration.
Mitigation Of Hazards And Obstacles To Fish Migration, Installation, Monitoring And Efficiency Of Fish Passes.
"This is an excellent, well researched and presented text that provides solid information on a subject of increasing importance to our knowledge of fish populations in freshwater systems." (Fish)
"Many know about salmon, but few know as much about freshwater fish movements as is contained in this volume. Therein lies its value." (Fish and Fisheries)
"This text is almost certainly the most comprehensive and up-to-date one there is on the subject of freshwater fish migration and it is bound to become the standard reference work for many years." (Fisheries Research)
- Well-known international authors.
- Of great commercial importance to fisheries and professional angling bodies.
- Draws together much new information in one place.
- Detailed review of world wide migratory behaviour for most groups of freshwater fishes.
- Pure and applied relevance, for academics, fisheries scientists, river managers and conservationists.
- This comprehensive book includes 67 tables and figures and over 1,400 references.