Original Publication Details.
Part I: Introduction.
Part II: On the Subject of Infinitives (with Mamoru Saito):.
2. Evidence for Raising.
3. When Does Raising Take Place?.
4. Postal's B-Verbs vs. W-Verbs: Raising Questions.
Part III: Lectures on Minimalist Syntax:.
6. Levels of Representation: Case Considerations.
7. The "Extended Projection Principle".
8. Case and Expletives.
9. [Spec, Agr]: Further Arguments.
10. The Problem of Apparent S-structure Requirements.
11. Antecedent Contained Deletion.
12. More on Reconstruction.
13. The PRO Theorem Reconsidered.
14. Some Remaining Issues.
Part IV: Case and Expletives Revisited: On Greed and Other Human Failings:.
17. An Alternative to Greed: Enlightened Self Interest.
18. The Nature of "Partitive" Case.
19. The Structure of Inherent Case.
Part V: Verbal Morphology: Syntactic Structures Meets the Minimalist Program:.
22. French vs. English.
23. An Economy Approach.
24. A Minimalist-Lexicalist Approach.
25. A Hybrid Approach.
26. Further Evidence from VP Ellipsis.
Part VI: Last Resort:.
28. The Driving Force for A-Movement.
30. Existential Constructions.
31. Enlightened Self-Interest.
32. LF Feature Movement.
33. Raising to [Spec, Agr]: Covert or Overt?.
Part VII: A Note on Pseudogapping:.
36. Pseudogapping as Remnant Raising Plus BP Ellipsis.
37. Strong Features and PF Deletion.
38. PPs as Remnants.
39. Multiple Complements.
40. (Some Instances of) Pseudogapping as Parallel to Pseudogapping.
Part VIII: On Certain Structural Aspects of Anaphora:.
43. Where Do the Binding Conditions Apply?.
44. Feature Movement and (Lack of) Binding.
45. Overt Raising to [Spec, Agr].
46. Feature Movement and Control?.
47. Inherent Case as "Structural"?.
48. A Puzzling Divorce of Binding and Scope.