Modeling and Simulation of Large-Scale, Nonlinear Processes: Data Analysis, System Identification and Control
Offers a comprehensive resource that presents nonlinearity within a multi-physics context that can be applied to a wide range of engineering problems
Modeling and Simulation of Large-Scale, Nonlinear Processes fills a gap in the literature for a resource that explores the formal analytical and systematic methods in the analysis of large-scale, distributed and continuous nonlinear processes. Written by experts in the field, this vital text develops and proposes techniques for dealing with nonlinearity in the same way as systems with infinite dynamical order: by reducing the nonlinearity degree to a finite level while avoiding full linearization which often leads to oversimplification which render crucial features elusive.
Formulation of the dynamics of multi-physics, large-scale systems is a necessary first step towards reduced-order modeling techniques, robust against parametric uncertainty and neglected dynamics, suitable for analysis, synthesis, control and monitoring of linear and nonlinear multi-physics, and can be applied to large-scale systems such as those encountered among others in mechatronics, fluid-structure interactions, ship propulsion, marine machinery, and power-plants. This important resource:
- Examines nonlinearity within a multi-physics context that can be applied to engineering problems
- Presents the material in an integrated way and combines theory with practical applications
- Helps to establish a solid foundation in the theoretical aspects before looking at applications of the methods
- Offers a consolidated overview of systematic methods for the analysis of large-scale and continuous nonlinear processes
- Contains applications spanning a broad range of topics in diverse areas of engineering
Designed for engineers, especially those who may be unfamiliar with nonlinearities, Modeling and Simulation of Large-Scale, Nonlinear Processes is the essential text filled with useful material for courses on dynamics, nonlinear vibrations and control.