DescriptionA revolutionary, personalized psychotherapy approach for the treatment of Axis II personality disorders, by renowned expert Dr. Theodore Millon
Acknowledging the primacy of the whole person, Moderating Severe Personality Disorders: A Personalized Psychotherapy Approach takes into account all of the complexities of human nature - family influences, culture, neurobiological processes, unconscious memories, and so on--illustrating that no part of human nature should lie outside the scope of a clinician's regard.
Part of a three book series, this book provides you with a unique combination of conceptual background and step-by-step practical advice to guide your treatment of Axis II personality disorders.
Detailed case studies are provided throughout the text to illustrate the strategies of personalized psychotherapy for:
- Retiring/Schizoid Personality Patterns
- Shy/Avoidant Personality Patterns
- Pessimistic/Depressive Personality Patterns
- Aggrieved/Masochistic Personality Patterns
- Eccentric/Schizotypal Personality Patterns
- Capricious/Borderline Personality Patterns
CHAPTER 1 Personalized Psychotherapy: A Recapitulation 3
CHAPTER 2 Personalized Therapy for the Retiring/Schizoid Personality Patterns 51
CHAPTER 3 Personalized Therapy for the Shy/Avoidant Personality Patterns 85
CHAPTER 4 Personalized Therapy for the Pessimistic/Depressive Personality Patterns 123
CHAPTER 5 Personalized Therapy for the Aggrieved/Masochistic Personality Patterns 159
CHAPTER 6 Personalized Therapy for the Eccentric/Schizotypal Personality Patterns 195
CHAPTER 7 Personalized Therapy for the Capricious/Borderline Personality Patterns 225
CHAPTER 8 Personalized Therapy for the Suspicious/Paranoid Personality Patterns 271
• Inclusion of both conceptual and practical material provides an all-in-one resource for clinicians.
• Includes many case studies to illuminate strategies.