1. Introduction (Robert L. Grob).
PART I: THEORY AND BASICS.
2. Theory of Gas Chromatography (Robert L. Grob).
3. Columns: Packed and Capillary; Column Selection in Gas Chromatography (Eugene F. Barry).
4. Optimization of Separations and Computer Assistance (John V. Hinshaw).
5. High-Speed Gas Chromatography (Richard D. Sacks).
PART II: TECHNIQUES AND INSTRUMENTATION.
6. Detectors in Modern Gas Chromatography (Luis A. Colón and Lisa J. Baird).
7. Techniques for Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry (John A. Masucci and Gary W. Caldwell).
8. Qualitative and Quantitative Analysis by Gas Chromatography (Robert L. Grob and Mary A. Kaiser).
9. Inlet Systems for Gas Chromatography (Nicholas H. Snow).
10. Gas Management Systems for Gas Chromatography (Reginald J. Bartram).
PART III: APPLICATIONS.
11. Sample Preparation Techniques for Gas Chromatography (Nicholas H. Snow and Gregory C. Slack).
12. Physicochemical Measurements by Gas Chromatography (Mary A. Kaiser and Cecil R. Dybowski).
13. Petroleum and Petrochemical Analysis by Gas Chromatography (Edward F. Smith, Mark E. Craig, and Clifford C. Walters).
14. Clinical and Pharmaceutical Applications of Gas Chromatography (Juan G. Alvarez).
15. Environmental Applications of Gas Chromatography (John L. Snyder).
16. Forensic Science Applications of Gas Chromatography (Thomas A. Brettell).
17. Validation and QA/QC of Gas Chromatographic Methods (Thomas A. Brettell and Richard E. Lester).
Appendix A. Effect of Detector Attenuation Change and Chart Speed on Peak Height, Peak Width, and Peak Area (Robert L. Grob and Eugene F. Barry).
Appendix B. Gas Chromatographic Acronyms and Symbols and Their Definitions (Robert L. Grob and Eugene F. Barry).
Appendix C. Useful Hints for Gas Chromatography (Robert L. Grob and Eugene F. Barry).
""In addition to being a very thorough instrumental work, this book also covers modern applications of GC in numerous disciplines."" (CHOICE, January 2005)
""For students and professors of GC, this edition is a must-have. It is comprehensive and contains many special topics, including all the current references needed to continue your study."" (Analytical Chemistry, February 1, 2005)
""This book will not only be helpful for novices in the field…but will also serve as an invaluable reference tool for more experienced users …"" (E-STREAMS, December 2004)
""It is a pleasure to review the fourth edition of what many regard as the 'Bible' of gas chromatography...a must-have book on the shelves of all laboratories doing gas chromatographic analyses."" (Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, October 7, 2004)
""…valuable reference on gas chromatography."" (Journal of the American Chemical Society, Sept 15, 2004)