1. H. D., Ezra Pound and Imagism.
2. T. S. Eliot and Modernist Reading.
3 .‘The Waste Land’, Nancy Cunard and Mina Loy.
4. Wallace Stevens and Romantic Legacy.
5. Wyndham Lewis: Genius and Art.
6. James Joyce: Ulysses and Love.
7. D. H. Lawrence: Jazz and Life.
8. Virginia Woolf: Art and Class.
9. The Modernity of Adorno and Benjamin.
10. The Poststructuralist Inflection.
- An analysis of Modernism from the perspective of English and American literature.
- Provides a critical overview of some of the central texts of literary Modernism.
- Covers both established works and those that have only recently come to critical attention.
- Includes detailed discussion of major authors, including T.S. Eliot, Virginia Woolf, D.H. Lawrence, Wallace Stevens and H.D.