2. Organization and Structure of Photosynthetic Systems.
3. History and Development of Photosynthesis.
4. Photosynthetic Pigments-Structure and Spectroscopy.
5. Antenna Complexes and Energy Transfer Processes.
6. Reaction Center Complexes.
7. Electron Transfer Pathways and Components.
8. Chemiosmotic Coupling and ATP Synthesis.
9. Carbon Metabolism.
10. Genetics, Assembly and Regulation of Photosynthetic.
11. Origin and Evolution of Photosynthesis.
Appendix 1. Light, Energy and Kinetics
"[An] excellent text book. I will have no hesitation in recommending it to my students and colleagues alike." James Barber, TRENDS in Biochemical Sciences 2002
- Leading authority in Photosynthesis and the the President of the International Society of Photosynthesis Research.
- First authoritative text to enter the market in 10 years.
- Stresses an interdisciplinary approach, which appeals to all science students.
- Emphasizes the recent advances in molecular structures and mechanisms.
- Only text to contain comprehensive coverage of both bacterial and plant photosynthesis.
- Includes the latest insights and research on structural information, improved spectroscopic techniques as well as advances in biochemical and genetic methods.
- Presents the most extensive treatment of the Origin and evolution of photosynthesis.
- Comprehensive appendix, which includes a detailed introduction to the physical basis of photosynthesis, including thermodynamics, kinetics and spectroscopy.