PART ONE: HOW TO PICK MUTUAL FUNDS.
Chapter 1. Know What Your Fund Owns.
Chapter 2. Put Performance in Perspective.
Chapter 3. Understand the Risks.
Chapter 4. Get to Know Your Fund Manager.
Chapter 5. Keep a Lid on Costs.
PART TWO: HOW TO BUILD A PORTFOLIO.
Chapter 6. Match Your Portfolio to Your Goals.
Chapter 7. Put Your Portfolio Plan in Action.
PART THREE: FIDING IDEAS FOR YOUR PORTFOLIO.
Chapter 8. Find the Right Core Stock Fund for You.
Chapter 9. Move Beyond the Core.
Chapter 10. Find the right Bond Fund for You.
Chapter 11. Finding the Right Fund Companies for You.
PART FOUR: MONITORING YOUR PORTFOLIO.
Chapter 12. Schedule Regular Checkups.
Chapter 13. Know When to Sell.
Chapter 14. Keep a Cool Head in Turbulent Markets.
PART FIVE: BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER: MORNINGSTAR PORTFOLIOS.
Chapter 15. Look Inside Morningstar's Portfolios.
PART SIX: MORE ON MUTUAL FUNDS: FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS.
1. How Does the Morningstar Rating for Mutual Funds Work?
2. What Should I do When My Fund Loses a Star?
3. How does Morningstar's Style Box Work?
4. How Do I Buy My First Fund?
5. What Should I do When My Fund Manager Leaves?
6. Should I Buy a Rookie Fund?
7. Should I Buy a Fund That's Closing?
8. Should I Buy a Fund That's Doing Really Well?
9. Should I Buy a Fund That's in the Dumps?
10. How Can I Pay Less in Taxes?
11. How Can I determine Whether a Fund Is Best for a Taxable Account or a Tax-Sheltered Account?
12. How Can I Find the Best Fund Supermarket?
13. How Can I find a Financial Planner?
14. How do I read a Fund's Prospectus?
15. What Do I Need to Know About the Statement of Additional Information?
16. How do I read a Fund's Shareholder Report?
Other Morningstar Resources.