- Shows Java developers everything they need to know to build Java database applications with MySQL.
- Takes a hands-on, code-intensive approach in which readers will learn how to build a sophisticated Web database management application.
- Begins with a review of the fundamentals of MySQL.
- Explains using Java's JDBC with MySQL, as well as servlet and JSP programming with MySQL.
- Provides a code-rich tutorial on how to build the sample Java database application using EJBs.
- The companion Web site provides the full code examples plus links to useful sites.
About the Authors.
Chapter 1: An Overview of MySQL.
Chapter 2: JDBC and Connector/J.
Chapter 3: Working with MySQL SQL.
Chapter 4: Installing MySQL, Java, and Connector/J.
Chapter 5: Using JDBC with Java Applications and Applets.
Chapter 6: Achieving Advanced Connector/J Functionality with Servlets.
Chapter 7: MySQL Type Mapping.
Chapter 8: Transactions and Table Locking with Connector/J.
Chapter 9: Using Metadata.
Chpater 10: Connection Pooling with Connector/J.
Chapter 11: EJBs with MySQL.
Chapter 12: Building a General Interface for MySQL.
Chapter 13: Database Administration.
Chapter 14: Performance and Tuning.
Appendix A: MySQL Development and Test Environments.
Appendix B: Databases and Tables.
Appendix C: The JDBC API and Connector/J.
Appendix D: MySQL Functions and Operators.
Appendix E: Connector/J Late-Breaking Additions.