DescriptionIn this groundbreaking book, Mary O'Hara-Devereaux -- an internationally renowned business forecaster -- shows how organizations can hone their competitive edge during these uncertain times. Using the metaphor of traveling through the badlands of the American West, Navigating the Badlands offers the principles, tools, transformative strategies, and essential understanding executives and business leaders need if they are to weather the rugged, global business landscape of the future. Throughout the book O'Hara-Devereaux reveals how business leaders can seize the opportunity to create new value from successful alliances, reach global markets, and find top talent.
1. Making Sense of the Big Picture.
2. Weathering the Badlands: Global Drivers of Change.
3. Lead the Journey of Your Lifetime.
4. Don’t Get Lost in Familiar Territory.
5. Weave the Web: Create a Resilient Organization.
6. Avoid Strategy Tragedy.
7. Engage People Deeply.
8. Create the Corner Store.
9. Learn About China.
10. Embrace Global Interdependence.
Notes and Resources.
About the Author.