Important Advisory Statement.
PART 1 Drug Prescribing and Drug Administration.
Terms, Symbols, Abbreviations, and Units.
Neonatal Drug Administration.
Drugs and the Body.
Drugs and the Law.
Care and use of Intravascular Lines.
Minimising IV infusion and Drug Hazards.
Writing a Hospital Prescription.
Adverse Reactions and Overtreatment.
Body Weight and Surface Area.
Useful Website Addresses.
PART 2 Drug Monographs.
PART 3 Maternal Medication and its Effect on the Baby.
Maternal Medication and the Baby.
Index, Including Synonyms and Abbreviations.
"Based on a large number of international neonatologists, this essential book on drungs used in pregnancy and early infancy, is highly recommended to any pediatrician, neonatal nurses, obstetricians and pharmacists.A must." (Pediatric Endocrinology reviews, December 2007)
- Already established as a national reference of neonatal therapeutics
- Continuously updated via its own website, and new edition is available in PDA format
- Includes 20 new monographs on drugs especially relevant to tropical diseases
- Features a drug per page, including invaluable information on dose sizes and administration for babies
- Provides further inclusion of evidence from relevant RCTs and systematic reviews from the Cochrane database