Dedication of Smauel M. McCann: Chrousos.
An Overview of the Volume: Chrousos.
1. Molecular Understanding of Cytokine-Steroid Hormones Dialogue: Implications for Human Diseases: Artz.
2. Chronology of Advances in Neuroendocrine Immunomodulation: McCann.
3. Regulation of Dendritic Cell Differentiation by Vasoactive Intestinal Peptide: Therapeutic Applications on Autoimmunity and Transplantation: Delgado.
4. α2-Adrenergic Receptors Decrease DNA Replication and Cell Proliferation and Induce Neurite Outgrowth in Transfected Rat Pheochromocytoma Cells: Flordelis.
5. Thymus-Dependent T Cell Tolerance of Neuroendocrine Functions: Principles, Reflections and Implications for Tolerogenic/Negative Self-Vaccination: Geenen.
6. Neuroendocrine Regulation of Skin Dendritic Cells: Granstein.
7. The Mitochondrion as a Primary Site of Action of Regulatory Agents Involved in Neuroimmunomodulation: Sekeris.
8. The Role of Stress in the Clinical Expression of Thyroid Autoimmunity: Tsatsoulis.
9. Neural correlates of IgE-mediated allergy: Neto.
10. Pheochromocytoma: Physiopathologic Implications and Diagnostic Evaluation: Zapanti.
11. Adrenocortical Tumorigenesis: Reinke.
12. Participation of the EndoCannabinoid System in the Effect of TNF-a on Hypothalamic Release of Gonadotropin-Releasing Hormone (LHRH): Rettori.
13. Role of Thymulin or its Analogue as a New Analgesic Molecule: Dardenne.
14. Immunoneuroendocrine Interactions in Chagas Disease: Savino.
15. Roles of Glia-Derived Cytokines on Neuronal Degeneration and Regeneration: Suzumura.
16. PPARg, a Lipid Activated Transcription Factor as a Regulator of Dendritic Cell Function: Nagy.
17. Brain Cytokines and the 5-HT System During Poly I:C-Induced Fatigue: Katafuchi.
18. Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Adrenal Axis Function in Sjogren’s Syndrome: Mechanisms of Neuroendocrine and Immune System Homeostasis: Johnston.
19. Immunomodulation: The Future Cure for Allergic Diseases: Tsitoura.
20. The Role of Chaperone Proteins in Autoimmunity: Tzioufas.
21. Therapeutic Management of Chronic Neuropathic Pain Under the Magnifying Glass: Vadaluka.
22. The Role of Stress in Asthma: Insight from Studies on the Effect of Acute and Chronic Stressors in Models of Airway Inflammation: Vlagoftis.
23. Interleukin-6: A Cytokine and/or a Major Modulator of the Response to Somatic Stress: Mastorakos.
24. Annexin 1, Glucocorticoids and the Neuroendocrine-Immune Interface: Buckingham.
25. The Role of Toll-like Receptors in the Immune-Adrenal Crosstalk: Bornstein.
26. Title TBA: Chrousos.
27. Neurosteroids as Endogenous Inhibitors of Neuronal Cell Apoptosis in Aging: Gravanis.
28. Local Amplification of Glucocorticoids: Seckl.
29. Beyond Heart Rate Variability: Vagal Regulation of Allostatic Systems: Thayer.
30. Title TBA: Madianos.
31. Immunomodulatory Properties of Substance P: Gastrointestinal System as a Model: Pothoulakis.
32. Critical Role of Mast Cells in Allergy and Inflammation.
33. Dialogue between the Brain and the Immune System in Inflammatory Arthritis: Vassilopoulos.
Index of Contributors