DescriptionNew Directions in Interpreting the Millon Clinical Multiaxial Inventory, edited by a leading MCMI researcher and featuring contributions from internationally renowned scholars in personality assessment, presents new methods of interpretation and new clinical applications for this classic objective measure of personality. This dynamic new handbook discusses issues related to the effect of culture on MCMI-III results and controversies regarding its forensic applications, and presents research related to the MCMI-III's diagnostic power with regard to diagnosis and malingering.
Part I: New Directions in MCMI Interpretation.
1. The MCMI-III Facet Subscales (Seth D. Grossman and Cristian del Rio).
2. Diagnosing Personality Disorder Subtypes with the MCMI-III (Roger D. Davis and Michael J. Patterson).
3. Alternative Interpretations for the Histrionic, Narcissistic, and Compulsive Personality Disorder Scales of the MCMI-III (Robert J. Craig).
4. Combined Use of the PACL and MCMI-III to Assess Normal Range Personality Styles (Stephen Strack).
5. Issues in the Assessment of Personality Disorders and Substance Abusers with the MCMI (Patrick M. Flynn).
6. International Uses of the MCMI: Does Interpretation Change? (Gina Rossi and Hedwig Sloore).
Part II: Newer Applications with the MCMI-III.
7. Using the MCMI-III for Treatment Planning and to Enhance Clinical Efficacy (Jeffrey J. Magnavita).
8. Use of the MCMI-III with Other Personality Inventories (Robert J. Craig).
9. Forensic Application of the MCMI-III in Light of Current Controversies (Frank J. Dyer).
Part III: Continuing Controversies.
10. Assessing Response Bias with the MCMI Modifying Indices (R. Michael Bagby and Margarita B. Marshall).
11. Validity of the MCMI-III in the Description and Diagnosis of Psychopathology (Andrew G. Ryder and Scott Wetzler).
12. The Diagnostic Efficiency of the MCMI-III in the Detection of Axis I Disorders (Paul Gibeau and James Choca).
13. On the Decline of MCMI-Based Research (Robert J. Craig and Ronald E. Olson).
14. Using Critiques of the MCMI to Improve MCMI Research and Interpretations (Louis Hsu).
Appendix A: Diagnoses Associated with MCMI Code Types.
Appendix B: Millon Clinical Multiaxial Inventory Bibliography.
About the Editor.