DescriptionYour Nikon D90 digital camera offers professional-quality features like 11-point autofocus, Live View, and the ability to shoot HD video. Take full advantage of every feature with Nikon D90 For Dummies! This fun and easy guide helps you understand and use all the dials and modes, manage photo size and quality, take creative control with manual settings, and share your images in print or online.
With this full-color book, getting great shots is a snap. You’ll learn to:
- Format memory cards, use Live View, create custom settings, and change lenses
- Use thumbnail and calendar displays and picture data, and get tips for inspecting your photos
- Control aperture, shutter speed, and ISO; work with active D-lighting; and use various flash modes
- Take control of lighting, exposure, and color
- Set up, shoot, and review photos using the viewscreen
- Record HD video, including sound, and know what your D90 can and can’t do
- Download, organize, and archive your images, share them in prints, e-mails, or slide shows, and use Nikon’s photo management software
- Decide when you should use JPEG and when to use NEF
- Adjust resolution for optimum print quality or file size
Photographic expert Julie Adair King also shares secrets for getting the best point-and-shoot pictures, why you might not want to use the top image quality setting, and much more. Grab your Nikon D90 and Nikon D90 For Dummies, and start shooting!
Part I: Fast Track to Super Snaps.
Chapter 1: Getting the Lay of the Land.
Chapter 2: Taking Great Pictures, Automatically.
Chapter 3: Controlling Picture Quality and Size.
Chapter 4: Monitor Matters: Picture Playback and Live View Shooting.
Part II: Taking Creative Control.
Chapter 5: Getting Creative with Exposure and Lighting.
Chapter 6: Manipulating Focus and Color.
Chapter 7: Putting It All Together.
Part III: Working with Picture Files.
Chapter 8: Downloading, Organizing, and Archiving Your Picture Files.
Chapter 9: Printing and Sharing Your Pictures.
Part IV: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 10: Ten (Or So) Fun and Practical Retouch Menu Features.
Chapter 11: Ten Special-Purpose Features to Explore on a Rainy Day.