Introduction: Robert D. Borsley (University of Essex) and Kersti Börjars (University of Manchester).
1. Elementary principles of Head-driven Phrase Structure Grammar (Georgia M Green).
2. Advanced topics in Head-driven Phrase Structure Grammar Andreas (Kathol, Adam Przepiórkowski and Jesse Tseng).
3. Lexical-Functional Grammar: interactions between morphology and syntax (Rachel Nordlinger Joan Bresnan).
4. Lexical-Functional Grammar: functional structure (Helge Lødrup).
5. Combinatory Categorial Grammar (Mark Steedman and Jason Baldridge).
6. Multi-Modal Type-Logical Grammar (Richard T Oehrle).
7. Alternative minimalist visions of language (Ray Jackendoff).
8. Feature-based grammar (James P. Blevins).
9. Lexicalism, periphrasis and implicative morphology (Farrell Ackerman, Gregory T Stump and Gert Webelhuth).
10. Performance-compatible competence grammar (Ivan A Sag and Thomas Wasow).
11. Modelling grammar growth: universal grammar without innate principles or parameters (Georgia M. Green).
12. Language Acquisition with feature-based grammars (Aline Villavicencio).
Index of Subjects.
Index of Languages.
“Notwithstanding the above desiderata, the book is very readable, and represents an excellent introduction to the major variants of non-transformational syntax. It is highly recommended as an essential source of reference for both working syntacticians and researchers in related (sub)fields.” (The LINGUIST List, 30 May 2012)