Nowhere to Hide: Why Kids with ADHD and LD Hate School and What We Can Do About It
PART ONE: THE NEUROBIOLOGY OF STRESS.
1. Stayin' Alive: Understanding the Human Brain and How It Responds to Stress.
2. Stress Goes to School.
PART TWO: MAKING SENSE OF LD AND ADHD.
3. What's in a Name? Clearing Up Misperceptions About Learning Disabilities.
4. Pay Attention! Demystifying ADHD.
5. Decoding Stress with Neuropsychological Evaluations.
PART THREE: HOW KIDS “SAVE FASE” AND DE-STRESS.
6. Nowhere to Hide: How Negative Behaviors Help Kids “Save FASE”.
7. From Distress to DE-STRESS: Breaking the FASE Cycle and Putting Kids on the Path to Competence.
PART FOUR: SPECIAL MESSAGES FOR TEACHERS AND PARENTS.
8. Making Schools Stress-Less and Success-Full for Students with LD and ADHD.
9. Parents and Families: Home Is Where the Heart (and Heartache) Is.
Conclusion: All's Well That Ends . . . Well . . .
Appendix A: Resources for Families and Teachers.
Appendix B: Forms and Activities.
About the Author.