2. Mental health nurse prescribing: The UK and the world.
3. The evidence base for nurse prescribing.
4. How to get nurse prescribing to work safely.
5. History and assessment: the basis for effective nurse prescribing.
6. Coexisting mental conditions.
7. Nurse prescribing in the real world.
8. Promoting concordance and patient involvement in medication management.
9. Nurse prescribers working as part of a team.
10. Ethical and legal issues in mental health nurse prescribing.
11. Future challenges for nurse prescribers
- Outlines the principles of prescribing and pharmacology as applied to mental health nursing
- Running through all of the chapters is a review of relevant nurse prescribing research and evidence that supports general prescribing practice with a direct application to clinical practice in mental health settings.
- Evidenced based
- Accessible, with case studies and scenarios in each chapter