Nutrition for Foodservice and Culinary Professionals, 8th Edition is the definitive resource that helps readers use nutritional principles to evaluate and modify menus and recipes and to respond to customers’ critical questions and dietary needs. The Eighth Edition includes a discussion of the 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans and Choose MyPlate graphic and key content. More photographs, charts, and recipes are used to effectively convey nutrition concepts and applications in a visual manner. From students in culinary arts, hospitality management, and nutrition and dietetics programs to practicing culinary and management professionals, this book will be an invaluable reference.
- Discussion of 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans and Choose MyPlate graphic and key content.
- Culinary Focus examines each food group from the perspective of a chef, from picking your ingredients to putting a new dish on the menu
- The chapters on balanced cooking and menus have been thoroughly updated and expanded with more examples and tips.
- From organic and sustainable foods to gluten-free and allergy diets, the authors explore Hot Topics in the news today.
- Fundamentals of Nutrition and Foods: Two introductory chapters are followed by chapters on specific nutrients, vitamins, and minerals.
- Balanced Cooking and Menus: This section begins with foundations of balanced cooking, followed by recipe makeovers and balanced menus.
- Applied Nutrition: This section begins with a chapter that explains customers’ special nutrition requests and then continues with weight management and lifespan nutrition, with Hot Topic Fighting Childhood Obesity.