Occupational and Environmental Lung Diseases: Diseases from Work, Home, Outdoor and Other Exposures
Introduction (Paul Cullinan and Susan M. Tarlo).
Section 1: The personal environment.
1. Cosmetics and Personal Care Products in Lung Diseases (Howard M. Kipen).
Section 2: The home environment.
2. Passive Smoking (Maritta S. Jaakkola).
3. Emissions related to cooking and heating (Debbie Jarvis).
4. Cleaning and other household products (Jan-Paul Zock).
5. Building materials and furnishing (Jouni J.K. Jaakkola).
6. Mites, pets, fungi and rare allergens (Frederic de Blay, Magdalena Posa, Gabrielle Pauli, Ashok Purohit).
7. Hobby pursuits (Paul D. Blanc).
Section 3: Other indoor environments.
8. Greta Smedje.
9. Secondhand smoke exposure and the health of hospitality workers (Mark D. Eisner).
10. Health Effects of Environmental Exposures while in Automobiles (Madeline A. Dillon and David B. Peden).
11. Indoor Sports (Harman S. Paintal and Ware G. Kuschner).
Section 4: Work environment.
12. Agricultural environments and the Food Industry (Jakob Hjort Bønløkke, Yvon Cormier and Torben Sigsgaard).
13. Mining (R. L. Cowie).
14. Metal Industry and related jobs (including welding) (William S. Beckett).
15. Automobile Maintenance, Repair and Refinishing (Meredith Stowe and Carrie A. Redlich).
16. Automotive Industry (Kenneth Rosenman).
17. Wood and textile industries (Kjell Torén, Carrie A. Redlich).
18. The electronics industry (Sherwood Burge).
20. The services industry (George L. Delclos, Lea Ann Tullis and Arch I. Carson).
21. Construction (Gary M. Liss, Edward L. Petsonk and Kenneth D. Linch).
22. Police, firefighters and the military (Aaron Thompson and Stefanos N. Kales).
23. Office Workers and Teachers (Jean M. Cox-Ganser, Ju-Hyeong Park and Kathleen Kreiss).
24. Research workers (Paul Cullinan).
25. Special environments (low altitude).
26. Special environments (high altitude).
Section 5: General environment.
27. Natural resources – wildland fires and volcanoes (Sverre Vedal).
28. Traditional urban pollution (Sam Parsia, Amee Patrawalla and William N. Rom).
29. Traffic related urban air pollution (Steven M. Lee and Mark W. Frampton).
30. Outdoor sports (Kai-Håkon Carlsen).
""The editors make good on their promise to provide a very useful clinical reference. This is a helpful companion to have when evaluating these patients.
I commend these editors on a very illuminating approach to an important problem."" (Doody's, 30 September 2011)
""Unlike other books on the subject, this new volume approaches occupational and environmental lung disease from the starting point of the patient who comes to the physician with respiratory symptoms.."" (Asiaing.com, 11 November 2010)