DescriptionOn the Fly presents a model for allowing strategies to evolve in response to external changes, while still making use of the analytical tools that can help to predict the likely success of possible different actions. It addresses the importance of involving people at all levels of the organization while also acknowledging the importance of control and the different roles that strategists at different levels will need to play.
Order your copy today!
PART I: CREATING A STRATEGY-MAKING ORGANIZATION
1. The New Approach to Strategy.
2. Challenges in Strategy Making.
3. The Dilemma of Empowerment.
4. The Power of Improvisation.
PART II: THE INDIVIDUAL STRATEGY MAKER.
5. Thinking Like a Strategist.
6. The Front-Line Strategist.
7. The Strategy Integrator.
8. The Strategic Leader.
9. The Strategic Organization
About the Author.
- On the Fly presents accessible expert advice for tempering the most popular recent management trends with strategic focus. The book explains to students how to balance change and consistency; decisiveness and broad participation in strategy-making; and shows how to pursue innovation without sacrificing your company's future well-being.
- The author is a member of the Board of Editors of the AMA's Executive and Chair of the ASTD's National Nominating Committee,