1. What it’s All About.
2. The Aesthetics of Literature: A Neglected Topic.
3. The Aesthetic Property: Its Kinds and Its Kind.
4. The Ethical, the Aesthetic, and the Artistic.
5. Structure Aesthetics and Novelistic Structure.
6. Continuous Time and Interrupted Time.
7. Seeing is Believing.
8. Reading is Believing.
9. Twice-Told Tales and More.
Appendix: Paraphrasing Poetry.
“Kivy is to be warmly commended for the originality and insight of his perspective on literature, and for the lively and engaging manner in which that perspective is developed. Philosophers interested in the complexity and significance of our reading experience will welcome this valuable contribution to our understanding of such matters.” (Notre Dame Philosophical Reviews, 14 February 2012)"Summing Up: Recommended. Graduate students and above." (Choice, 1 December 2011)