Russell and Taylor’s Operations and Supply Chain Management, 9th Edition is designed to teach students how to analyze processes, ensure quality, create value, and manage the flow of information and products, while creating value along the supply chain in a global environment. Russell and Taylor explain and clearly demonstrate the skills needed to be a successful operations manager. Most importantly, Operations Management, Ninth Edition makes the quantitative topics easy for students to understand and the mathematical applications less intimidating. Appropriate for students preparing for careers across functional areas of the business environment, this text provides foundational understanding of both qualitative and quantitative operations management processes.
1 Introduction to Operations and Supply Chain Management
2 Quality Management
3 Statistical Process Control
4 Product Design
5 Service Design
6 Processes and Technology
7 Capacity and Facilities Design
8 Human Resources
9 Project Management
10 Supply Chain Management Strategy and Design
11 Global Supply Chain Procurement and Distribution
13 Inventory Management
14 Sales and Operations Planning
15 Resource Planning
16 Lean Systems
- The newly updated ninth edition is organized around the important and prevalent topic of operations as the creation of value along the supply chain.
- NEW Topics: New material has been added throughout the book on sustainability, corporate social responsibility, and risk and resilience.
- NEW and UPDATED “Along the Supply Chain” boxes: Over 45 new boxes that describe real world business applications of OM topics at companies around the world.
- NEW Supply Chain Example of Electronics: To help show how the OM topics in this edition fit together within a supply chain framework, the authors open each chapter with a specific example in the electronics product group, smartphones.
- Additional material throughout the book on the increasingly important OM topics of sustainability, corporate social responsibility, and risk and resilience
- Online material including practice quizzes and weblinks
- WileyPLUS with ORION is an online teaching and learning platform that helps you and your students achieve educational success. WileyPLUS identifies learning trends early, organizes learning to show connections between assessment and learning content, and monitors progress to develop work ethic and reasoning skills. WileyPLUS provides students with unique study strategies, tools, and support based on learning styles for success.
- Creating value along the supply chain framework: Helps students learn how to analyze processes, ensure quality, and manage the flow of information and products in the context of creating value along the supply chain and making companies more successful.
- Quantitative techniques made easy: Thoughtful and plentiful solved examples, varied homework problems and questions, and cases help students develop techniques for solving OM problems.
- Excel files and solutions automate the use of analysis tools and techniques, while helping students automate computation and make quick managerial decisions.
- Global operations: Examples in each chapter show the impact of global operations and how globalization affects operating decisions.