Option Strategies for Directionless Markets: Trading with Butterflies, Iron Butterflies, and Condors
DescriptionMaking great trades in a directionless market can be a challenge, and directionless markets occur more frequently than bull and bear markets combined. Options pioneer Anthony J. Saliba provides the tools and tactics needed to take advantage of a sideways market. Saliba focuses on strategies in the butterfly family of options: butterflies, condors, and iron butterflies, showing how to the use these sophisticated tools in directionless markets.
This hands-on guide illustrates numerous market scenarios to show you step-by-step how and when to apply these butterfly strategies. You’ll find out how to identify, enter, manage, and exit a trade. Exercises and quizzes test your comprehension to make sure you have the knowledge to tackle directionless markets.
1. Strategies for the Directionless market.
2. Long Butterfly Spread basics.
3. Long Condor Spread Basics.
4. The Greeks.
5. Application of the Greekd.
6. Understanding Iron Butterflies and Condors.
7. Popular Mutant Structures.
8. Strategy Application.
9. An Interview with Anthony J. Saliba.
Appendix A: A Final Exam.
Appendix B: Glossary.