Oral Medicine and Medically Complex Patients, Sixth Edition provides succinct, yet comprehensive information on in-hospital care and outpatient management of the medically complex dental patient, as well as the management of non-surgical problems of the maxillofacial region. Fully revised to include up-to-date information on procedures and medications, the Sixth Edition contains over 15 additional charts and tables for rapid reference and expanded coverage on maxillofacial prosthodontics and increasingly prevalent conditions, such as ONJ.
Oral Medicine and Medically Complex Patients follows a practical approach, organizing essential information into quickly referenced tables, easy-to-read diagrams and step-by-step procedures. Replete with examples of hospital charts, operative notes, and consultations, the book provides thorough coverage of the broad scope of clinical problems and patient populations encountered by dentists. A truly must-have resource Oral Medicine and Medically Complex Patients serves the needs of an increasing number of dental students, residents in general practice and specialty training, and practitioners engaged in the care of both hospitalized and ambulatory patients.
Contributors to the Previous Edition xii
1. In-Hospital Care of the Dental Patient 1
2. Outpatient Management of the Medically Compromised Patient 33
3. Oral Medicine: A Problem-Oriented Approach 150
4. Consultations 195
5. Dental, Oral, and Maxillofacial Emergencies 220
6. Medical Emergencies 283
7. Maxillofacial Prosthetics 319
“I would recommend this book as a quick reference guide for dental professionals practising oral and maxillofacial surgery and/or oral medicine, and clinicians involved in the daily management of hospital in-patients.” (British Dental Journal, 23 November 2013)
- Succinct, comprehensive information on in-hospital care and outpatient management of the medically complex dental patient
- Fully revised with over 15 additional charts and tables, expanded coverage on maxillofacial prosthodontics and increasingly prevalent conditions such as ONJ
- Includes a supplementary website with downloadable tables, figures, and charts from the book
- Must-have resource for general practice residents, oral surgery and pediatric dentistry residents, dental students, dentists in non-traditional practice settings and all community-based dental practitioners