DescriptionChurches have tried all kinds of ways to attract new and younger members - revised vision statements, hipper worship, contemporary music, livelier sermons, bigger and better auditoriums. But there are still so many people who aren't being reached, who don't want to come to church. And the truth is that attendance at church on Sundays does not necessarily transform lives; God's presence in our hearts is what changes us. Leaders and laypeople everywhere are realizing that they need new and more powerful ways to help them spread God's Word. According to international church starter and pastor Neil Cole, if we want to connect with young people and those who are not coming to church, we must go where people congregate. Cole shows readers how to plant the seeds of the Kingdom of God in the places where life happens and where culture is formed - restaurants, bars, coffeehouses, parks, locker rooms,and neighborhoods. Organic Church offers a hands-on guide for demystifying this new model of church and shows the practical aspects of implementing it.
Part One: Roots of the Organic Church.
1. Ride Out with Me!
2. Awakening to a New Kind of Church.
3. The Zombie Bride Lives!
4. A Dangerous Question.
Part Two: The Organic Nature of the Kingdom of God.
5. Kingdom 101: You Reap What You Sow . . . and You Eat What You Reap.
6. An Enchanted Kingdom with Magic Seeds, Fast-Growing Trees, and a Beautiful Bride to Rescue.
7. We All Began as Zygotes.
Part Three: From the Microscope to the Telescope.
8. Mapping the DNA of Christ’s Body.
9. Epidemic Expansion Starts in the Genes.
Part Four: The Epidemic Kingdom and How It Spreads.
10. It Takes Guts to Care for People.
11. Me and Osama Are Close.
12. The How-To of Spreading the Epidemic.
Part Five: The Call to Organic Church.
13. Falling with Style.
14. Tales That Really Mattered.
About the Author.