Organic Reaction Mechanisms 2003: An annual survey covering the literature dated January to December 2003
DescriptionThe only book series to summarize the latest progress on organic reaction mechanisms, Organic Reaction Mechanisms, 2003 surveys the development in understanding of the main classes of organic reaction mechanisms reported in the primary scientific literature in 2003. The 39th annual volume in this highly successful series highlights mechanisms of stereo-specific reactions. Reviews are compiled by a team of experienced editors and authors, allowing advanced undergraduates, graduate students, postdocs, and chemists to rely on the volume's continuing quality of selection and presentation.
2. Reactions of Carboxylic, Phosphoric and Sulfonic Acids and their Derivatives (C. T. Bedford).
3. Oxidation and Reduction (K. K. Banerji).
4. Carbenes and Nitrenes (M. Christlieb, D. M. Hodgson and E. Gras).
5. Nucleophilic Aromatic Substitution (M. R. Crampton).
6. Electrophilic Aromatic Substitution (R. G. Coombes).
7. Carbocations (R. A. McClelland).
8. Nucleophilic Aliphatic Substitution (J. Shorter).
9. Carbanions and Electrophilic Aliphatic Substitution (M. L. Birsa).
10. Elimination Reactions (A. C. Knipe).
11. Addition Reactions: Polar Addition (P. Kocovsky).
12. Addition Reactions: Cycloaddition (N. Dennis).
13. Molecular Rearrangements: Part 1 (S. K. Armstrong).
14. Molecular Rearrangements: Part 2 (J. M. Coxon).
‘This addition to this well established series continues to fill an established need to many organic chemists who do not have the time to read the ever expanding literature in the subject.’ (Chemistry & Industry,28 May 2007)
"...this volume of Organic Reaction Mechanisms contains a wealth of information in a well structured and accessible format." (Synthesis, 2007)