Buy Both and Save 25%!
This item: Osiris: Death and Afterlife of a God
Daily Life in Ancient Egypt (Paperback $46.95)
Cannot be combined with any other offers.
List of Figures.
Egyptian Gods and Goddesses.
Prologue: The Myth.
1. The Myth Makers.
2. Enter the Divine King.
4. Pyramid Builders.
5. The Mysteries.
6. Rise of the Empire.
7. Golden Pharaohs.
8. Books of the Afterlife.
9. Toward the Sunset.
10. Greeks in Egypt.
11. The Roman Legacy.
- The first book to tell the story of the cult of Osiris from beginning to end.
- Sketches the development of the cult throughout 3,000 years of Egyptian history.
- Draws together the numerous records about Osiris from the third millennium B.C. to the Roman conquest of Egypt.
- Demonstrates that the cult of Osiris was the most popular and enduring of the ancient religions.
- Shows how the cult provided direct antecedents for many ideas, traits and customs in Christianity, including the concept of the trinity, baptism in the sacred river, and the sacrament of the Eucharist.
- Reveals the cult’s influence on other western mystical traditions and groups, such as the Alchemists, Rosicrucians and Freemasons.
- Written for a general, as well as a scholarly audience.