1. Righting Wrongs – 2002: Accessing Democracy among the Aboriginals.
2. Responsibility – 1992: Testing Theory in the Plains.
3. 1994: Will Postcolonialism Travel?.
4. 1996: Foucault and Najibullah.
5. Megacity – 1997: Testing Theory in Cities.
6. Moving Devi – 1997: The Non-Resident and the Expatriate.
7. Our Asias – 2001: How to Be a Continentalist.
Position without Identity –2004: An Interview with Gayatri Chakravorty Spivak by Yan Hairong.
- Major work from one of the world’s most distinguished literary and cultural theorists
- Intervenes in the fraught issues generated by ideas of Asia
- Challenges the reader to re-think Asia, in its political and cultural complexity, in the global South and in the metropole
- Featured essays include “Foucault and Najibullah”, “Moving Devi”, “Responsibility”, and “Megacity”
- Other chapters focus on, among other things, Human Rights, and the turbulent “present” of the Caucasus
- Essential reading for anyone interested in postcolonialism, and devotees of Spivak’s writing