About the Author
- Pacemaker implanter >35 years.
- Coordinator of the World Survey on Cardiac Pacemakers and ICDs.
- >200 manuscripts. Most first author or the major contributor
- Author of ‘The cardiac pacemaker: Function and Malfunction’. 1983 Grune and Stratton. ISBN: 0-8089-1578-9
- Author of ‘Rate Responsive Cardiac Pacing’ 1989 Published in Australia as a free publication distributed by Telectronics PTY LTD (a pacemaker company)
- Associate Editor of PACE (Blackwell Futura)
Peter P. Karpawich, MD, FAAC, FAAP Professor, Pediatric Medicine, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI, USA And Director, Cardiac Electrophysiology and Pacemaker Services, Children’s Hospital of Michigan, Detroit. 3901 Beaubien Blvd, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
- American Heart Association Committee on Congenital Heart Defects and Council Cardiovascular Disease of the Young, Pediatric Electrophysiology Society, Heart Rhythm Society
- Pacemaker implanter >20 years
- Publications > 180
- Industry consultant for pacemaker lead design and application in congenital heart
Dr Karpawich is a renowned pediatric cardiologist from Detroit who has a primary interest in pacing. His major contribution to this book is to cover the congenital disorders.