DescriptionPathology of Sudden Cardiac Death provides a comprehensive review of cardiovascular disorders. While sudden cardiac death could primarily be seen as an arrhythmogenic event, this actually represents the minority of cases. For the vast majority, there is an underlying anatomic disorder of the cardiovascular system responsible for the ultimate hemodynamic collapse known as sudden cardiac death.
Although an increasing array of non-invasive diagnostic tools continue to develop, many physicians and operators of these new diagnostic modalities have never actually seen specimens which demonstrate the fundamental pathologic abnormalities. By providing an atlas style review of ischemic and non-ischemic etiologies of sudden cardiac death, this book opens a window to see the underlying pathology first hand.
1. Atherosclerotic coronary disease.
2. Nonatherosclerotic coronary disease.
3. Myocardial disease.
4. Diseases of the conduction system.
5. Systemic hypertension.
6. Valvular heart disease.
7. Metabolic and infiltrative disorders.
8. Tumors and blood dyscrasias.
9. Great vessels and related structures.
10. Diseases of the pericardium.
11. Multi-organ system diseases.
- An atlas style review of ischemic and non-ischemic etiologies of sudden cardiac death
- Provides clinicians with practical information to facilitate proper diagnosis and treatment
- A comprehensive review of cardiac pathology from the clinical perspective