The complete guide to a winning pay-per-click marketing campaign
Pay-per-click advertising-the "sponsored results" on search engine results pages-is increasingly being used to drive traffic to websites. Marketing and advertising professionals looking for a hands-on, task-based guide to every stage of creating and managing a winning PPC campaign will get the step-by-step instruction they need in this detailed guide.
Using the popular An Hour A Day format, this book helps you avoid the pitfalls and plan, develop, implement, manage, and monitor a PPC campaign that gets results.
- Successful pay-per-click campaigns are a key component of online marketing
- This guide breaks the project down into manageable tasks, valuable for the small-business owner as well as for marketing officers and consultants
- Explains core PPC concepts, industry trends, and the mechanics that make a campaign work
- Shows how to perform keyword research, structure campaigns, and understand campaign settings and various pricing models
- Discusses how to write ads, develop and test landing pages, use ad groups, and leverage Google's content network
- Covers launching a campaign, bidding for position, monitoring, gathering results, and interpreting and acting on the data collected
Pay-Per-Click Search Engine Marketing: An Hour a Day provides the tools to make the most of this important marketing method.
2 How the PPC Machine Works.
3 Core PPC Skills and Objectives.
4 Month 1 — Research Keywords and Establish Campaign Structure.
5 Month 2 — Create Great PPC Ads.
6 Month 3 — Design Effective Landing Pages.
7 Month 4 — Advertise on the Content Network.
8 Month 5 — Launch Your Campaign.
9 Month 6 — Optimize Your Campaign.
10 Month 7 — Test Ads Using Advanced Techniques.
11 Month 8 — Test and Optimize Landing Pages.
12 Month 9 — Migrate Your Campaign to Microsoft and Yahoo!