Pelvic Dysfunction in Men: Diagnosis and Treatment of Male Incontinence and Erectile Dysfunction
DescriptionFollowing on from the first book entitled ‘Conservative treatment of Male Urinary Incontinence and Erectile Dysfunction’ this book has been expanded to include seven new chapters and existing chapters have been extensively updated. It is written primarily for those specialist continence physiotherapists who are unsure of the treatment for male patients with lower urinary tract symptoms.
The classification of male urinary incontinence has been restructured in line with the International Continence Society standardisation of terminology. The subjective and objective physiotherapy assessment is covered chronologically, to enable the clinician to conduct a meaningful investigation and arrive at a logical diagnosis.
List of Tables
1. History of the Male Pelvic Floor.
2. Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms.
3. Anatomy and Physiology of the Lower Urinary Tract.
4. Nervous Control of Lower Urinary Tract Function.
5. Prostate Conditions.
6. Urinary Incontinence.
7. Pelvic Pain.
8. Patient Assessment.
9 Conservative Treatment.
10. Literature Review of Treatment Before and After Prostatectomy.
11. Treatment of post-prostatectomy patients.
13. Faecal Incontinence.
14. Male Sexual Dysfunction.
15. Treatment of male sexual dysfunction.
16. Setting up a Continence Service.
Appendix: Male Continence Assessment Form.
"This is a welcome addition to the field and should be of interest to a wide variety of healthcare providers who care for these patients." (Doody's Health Services)