Part I. A Primer on Performance Management.
01. The Truth About Performance Management.
02. How Did We Arrive at Today’s Best Practices?.
Part II. How to Design and Implement a Successful Performance Management Process.
03. Getting Started.
04. A Model Performance Management Process.
05. Performance Management System Implementation.
Part III: How to Develop Solid Performance Measures.
06. Legal Requirements.
07. Developing Objectives and Measuring Results.
08. Developing Behavioral Performance Standards.
- Practical step by step guidance and examples
- Realities associated with implementing best practices and avoiding common pitfalls
- Jobs and circumstances where common practices will and will not work well
- Proven approaches from leading organizations
- Insights for everyone involved in performance management through senior leadership