Improving and Maintaining Oral Health.
Care of the Eyes.
Nail Care and Foot Care.
Hair Care and General Grooming.
Methods of Washing Your Patient.
Making Your Patient's Bed and Positioning Your Patient.
Appendix I Cultural and religious considerations.
Appendix II Examples of oral health risk assessments.
Appendix III Examples of pressure sore risk assessments
- Identifies the theoretical base underpinning clinical procedures
- Provides a research and evidence base for nursing practice
- Equips registered and non-registered staff with the knowledge to carry out safe care delivery relating to meeting hygiene needs
- Incorporates recommendations from ‘The Essence of Care’
- Scenarios are included to facilitate the reader in risk assessment specific to the chapter topic, diagnosis of self care deficits and the identification of effective nursing care interventions