Personality Disorder and Community Mental Health Teams: A Practitioner's Guide
List of Contributors.
SECTION ONE: THEORETICAL BACKGROUND.
1. Personality Disorder: New Initiatives in Staff Training (Eddie Kane).
2. What is Personality Disorder? (Ronald Blackburn).
3. The Causes of Personality Disorder (Nic Alwin).
4. Psychological Theories Regarding the Development of Personality Disorder (Jim Moorey, Kate Davidson, Mark Evans and Janet Feigenbaum).
5. Psychological Therapies for Personality Disorder (Jim Moorey, Kate Davidson, Mark Evans and Janet Feigenbaum).
6. Therapeutic Communities and Day Services for People with Personality Disorders (Kate Hellin).
7. Pharmacotherapy and Personality Disorders (Giles Newton-Howes).
SECTION TWO: TREATMENT AND MANAGEMENT IN COMMUNITY MENTAL HEALTH TEAMS.
8. People’s Experiences of Having a Diagnosis of Personality Disorder (Rex Haigh).
9. An Introduction to Community Mental Health Teams (CMHTs): How Do They Relate to Patients with Personality Disorders? (Tom Burns).
10. When Can Contact with the Community Mental Health Team (CMHT) be Considered ‘Treatment’? (Remy McCubbin).
11. The Challenges Community Mental Health Teams Face in Their Work with Patients with Personality Disorders (Mark J. Sampson).
12. The Treatment Frame and the Treatment Alliance (Jim Moorey).
13. The Management of Potentially Lethal Self-Harming Behaviour (Mark J. Sampson and Gary L. Sidley).
14. Community Mental Health Teams and the Assessment of Personality Functioning (Lara Bennett).
15. Involving Family, Friends and Carers (Remy McCubbin).
16. Personality Disorder in Other Healthcare Settings (Dawn Bennett and Ian B. Kerr).
17. Clinical Supervision (Mary Shinner and Dawn Bennett).