DescriptionWritten by a team of international researchers, scientists, and academics, Perspectives of World Food and Agriculture 2004 comprises the latest, most up-to-date information in global agricultural. With a list of international contributors that reads like a "Who’s Who?" in agricultural research, this volume brings together some of the most cutting-edge agricultural research being done today.
This popular annual publication includes:
- Global agricultural statistics
- Trends in the food marketing system
- Agricultural policies
- Global food insecurity (a contribution from UNFAO)
- Ethics of agriculture
- Success in developing sustainable agriculture systems
- Efficacy and safety of plant biotechnology
- An invited review by the World Food Laureate
Researchers and research libraries alike will delight in the "Frontiers" portion of this book. As its name suggests, this section delivers reports on the latest breakthroughs in agriculture research. Aimed at faculty in colleges of agriculture, undergraduate and graduate students, policy makers, government and industry scientists, public libraries, farmers and agribusiness operators, this book is the key to keeping current on agricultural research and policy.
* This is an annual publication detailing information about agronomy,/plant science, animal science, food safety, genomics, agricultural economics, rural sociology, forestry, biorenewables and much more