List of Figures.
List of Boxes.
List of Tables.
Part I: Attitudes and Persuasion:.
1. The Importance of Persuasion.
2. The Cognitive Approach to Persuasion.
3. The Source of Persuasive Messages: Credibility.
4. Ethical Concerns.
Part II: Preparing Persuasive Communication:.
5. Purpose and Audience.
6. Organization: Structuring the Message.
7. Substance: Support for Your Ideas.
8. Symbols and Style.
9. Hostile, Apathetic, Motivated, and Multiple Audiences.
Part III: Theories of Persuasion:.
10. Consistency Theories of Attitude Change.
11. Social Judgment/Involvement Theory.
12. Theory of Reasoned Action.
Part IV: Critical Consumers of Persuasive Messages:.
13. Persuasion in Advertising.
14. Persuasion in Political Campaigns.