List of Contributors.
Frequently Used Abbreviations.
Toxicity Classifications and Hazard Ratings.
1. Pesticides: An Overview of Fundamentals (Bryan Ballantyne & Timothy Marrs).
PART I: INSECTICIDES.
2. Toxicology of Organochlorine Insecticides (Andrew G. Smith).
3. Anticholinesterase Insecticides (Charles M. Thompson and Rudy J. Richardson ).
4. Toxicology of Pyrethrins and Synthetic Pyrethroids (David E. Ray).
5. Toxicology of miscellaneous insecticides (Roland Solecki).
PART II: FUNGICIDES, HERBICIDESM AND GROWTH REGULATORS.
6. Toxicology of Fungicides (Bryan Ballantyne).
7. Toxicology of Herbicides (Timothy C. Marrs).
PART III: SPECIAL TYPES OF PESTICIDE.
8. Microbial Pesticides (Ian C. Dewhurst).
9. Biocides (Bryan Ballantyne and Susan L. Jordan).
PART IV: RESIDUES.
10. Variability of Residues in Unprocessed Food Items and its Impact on Consumer Risk Assessment (Caroline A. Harris and Alan R. C. Hill).
PART V: HUMAN ASPECTS.
11. Occupational Aspects of Pesticide Toxicity in Humans (Angelo Moretto).
12. Treatment of Pesticide Poisoning (Gregory P. Wedin and Blaine E. Benson).
PART VI: REGULATION.
13. Regulation of Pesticides and Biocides in the European Union (Deborah J. Hussey and Graham M. Bell).
14. Regulation in NAFTA (Cheryl E. A. Chaffey and Virginia A. Dobozy).
15. The Regulatory System in Japan (Kannosuke Fujimori).
"...a good account of [the] properties and the effects of exposure...a superb bibliography..." (Bulletin of the Royal College of Pathologists, July 2004)
"...impressed with the scope of the book...very up-to-date...an invaluable reference source..." (The British Toxicological Society, No. 24, Summer 2004)
“…well researched and well organised.” (Applied Organometallic Chemistry, Vol 18 No 8 August 2004)
“…an excellent resource for chemists and toxicologists in the pesticide industry, academia, pesticide regulators and regulatory affairs professionals.” (Chemistry and Industry, 18th October 2004)